W.I.P Batillus Class Supertankers

Working on something cool? This is where you can tell everyone about it.

Re: W.I.P Batillus Class Supertankers

Postby CarterTheCargoMan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello again guys!

Back with another update, it's been at least a week or so. I have been adding the rest of the bridge components to the ship, before I start to model the bow and other features, I am going to finish the bridge. I have also scaled the complete ship to its size in real life, in Sketchup, it is 1,366 feet, however the scaling tool in Sketchup isn't the best, before I release the model, I will try to get it as close to 1,359 feet as I possibly can, but for now 1,366 feet long gives us all a close enough estimate of how big this giant really was.

Please tell me what you think so far, I think the bridge looks awesome in its current state, and I am leaning more and more towards that this project might be a complete success. However, there is still a lot to model, so I will have to wait on that. 8-)

Here are the pics:

NOTE: If the pics are too big, please let me know and I will scale them down, but please give me a preferred dimension.

Best regards,

Carter
CarterTheCargoMan

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby PBHtankerman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 am

Keep on with your good work. Great to have another ship like this. I can only offer encouragement when it comes to Sketchchup.

peter [at] PBHtankerman
PBHtankerman

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby saken » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Would LOVE to see this ship in Vehicle Simulator/Virtual Sailor! As I write this I am myself working on the Knock Nevis (named according to her 2004-2009 era 8-)).
Kind Regards,

saken

Proud Virtual Sailor user since 2005, and Vehicle Simulator user since 2008!
saken

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Previous

Return to Boat WIPs