Queen Victoria Cunard

Working on something cool? This is where you can tell everyone about it.

Re: Queen Victoria Cunard

Postby Dill345 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:13 pm

where is download link for those ships :)
Dill345

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Postby varoun » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Dill345 wrote:where is download link for those ships :)

there is no download link. these ships are not even on Venjs's website so they are not available.
VAROUN

Lets save this forum and make it active as before!!
varoun

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby DuckiestBoat959 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 pm

I am close to my wits end with these dead links, not blaming you personally, but this is too common an occurrence. The site hosting your ship may not be there when we click on it. I would either post the zip directly to hangsim or here, I could name a bunch of other sites but to be honest they could vanish just as well.
DuckiestBoat959

Postby varoun » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm

i understand the situation but former authors of virtual sailor add-ons do not expect for them to remain available for years after they are released. we are already lucky as is that the amount of virtual sailor add-ons that are available still actually are. :|

this doesn't mean that the remaining ones are not susceptible to being removed or lost permanently, as is the case with these particular add-ons that belong to Venjs; in fact they were never released which is why there never were any download links. and posting the .zip file directly to this forum can't be done, as the forum can not host .zip files itself and instead must be hosted on file sharing sites for which the author only has control over the file, and not the entire site. :|

it is not their fault that the websites they used to host their add-ons have vanished. examples of this include gamefront which no longer exists where Kyle originally hosted his add-ons, and fileswap which also ceases to exist where Sam (Nemo) used to host his add-ons also. thankfully people can make mirror links like me. :)

so try visiting this Facebook group which features add-ons exclusive to it, and you also may be able to find more information about exactly which add-ons you are looking for with the help of the members present there since you said you were at your wits' end because of this situation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtualsailorgroup/. :)
VAROUN

varoun

Postby DuckiestBoat959 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:50 pm

If she gets released we will be one step closer to completing the Cunard Fleet. Now there just needs to be a free Queen Mary 2.
DuckiestBoat959

Postby varoun » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

DuckiestBoat959 wrote:If she gets released we will be one step closer to completing the Cunard Fleet. Now there just needs to be a free Queen Mary 2.

the fleet is already completed because a free QM2 model exists. you can probably find it somewhere around here but i won't guarantee it. you're more likely to find a lead on the Facebook group I directed you to.
VAROUN

varoun

Previous

Return to Boat WIPs