Queen Mary VS7 /7.5 RELEASED!!!!!

Have you finally completed that masterpiece you have been working on for so long? Well, upload it somewhere and let people know here.

Queen Mary VS7 /7.5 RELEASED!!!!!

Postby mrichmond89 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:42 am

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt
mrichmond89
Global Moderator

Preferred Sim: Virtual Sailor

Re: Queen Mary VS7 /7.5 RELEASED!!!!!

Postby saken » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:44 am

She's a beauty :)
Kind Regards,

saken

Proud Virtual Sailor user since 2005, and Vehicle Simulator user since 2008!
saken

Postby boatymcboatface » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Although she looks nice, this model is very broken.

I installed it and have a legal copy of VS7, but it crashes the game. The only way I get it to run is if I remove the file called "stores."

However this causes all the deck detail, the windows, and the masts to disappear.

Is there any fix to this?
boatymcboatface

Postby varoun » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 am

boatymcboatface wrote:Although she looks nice, this model is very broken.

I installed it and have a legal copy of VS7, but it crashes the game. The only way I get it to run is if I remove the file called "stores."

However this causes all the deck detail, the windows, and the masts to disappear.

upgrade your PC's hardware. VS7 is a lightweight simulator.
this model actually works perfectly fine in virtual sailor 7 as intended and shouldn't crash the game. if you can only load this model without its details by removing the stores file that is otherwise responsible for loading them, then your PC is not sufficient enough to operate this model in its proper form.

what are your PC's specifications? ram, gpu, cpu, OS?
VAROUN

Lets save this forum and make it active as before!!
varoun

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby boatymcboatface » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 am

From the other models I've been able to run, I would think it could handle this. I never saw any specifications for the requirements this model has, so when people including myself had issues with it, I assumed it was the model.
There were some people saying the model was actually being sold by a scammer, who was discovered selling broken models. But as far as I know, it's just a rumor being spread in YouTube comments.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5558
processor: Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 5500
BIOS: A11
boatymcboatface

Postby boatymcboatface » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 am

varoun wrote:

this model actually works perfectly fine in virtual sailor 7 as intended and shouldn't crash the game. if you can only load this model without its details by removing the stores file that is otherwise responsible for loading them, then your PC is not sufficient enough to operate this model in its proper form.

From the other models I've been able to run, I would think it could handle this. I never saw any specifications for the requirements this model has, so when people including myself had issues with it, I assumed it was the model.
There were some people saying the model was actually being sold by a scammer, who was discovered selling broken models. But as far as I know, it's just a rumor being spread in YouTube comments.

boatymcboatface

Postby varoun » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 am

boatymcboatface wrote:
varoun wrote:

other models like which? not every model is detailed like this one. as far as I know you're the only person out of the several others I know and have spoken with that is having issues with this particular model. i can't see a viable reason for why you're having issues with this model despite your suitable specifications but i have to assure you that this model functions as intended. VS7 really shouldn't be crashing either so it begs the questions of what exactly the problem is and why/how it's happening when it shouldn't be.

you speak of other individuals speculating that the vendor of this model is a 'scammer' and is selling problematic models. no one bought this model because it was free, which automatically dissociates the vendor as an alleged scammer because nothing was sold to anyone for profit. if you wouldn't mind i'd like for you to link the youtube video you were speaking of which contained the accusatory comments because i would like to provide some clarifications about the matter.

thanks for your input and what i can suggest for you to do is to carefully reinstall this model and make sure each file is in the proper location adherent to the installation instructions provided with the add-on itself. hopefully you can resolve this issue, but as far as the vendor being dubbed a 'scammer' for providing free content that is only problematic for a few individuals, that is illogical but also incorrect.
VAROUN

varoun

Postby boatymcboatface » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 am

So my specifications say the model should work then. The other models I refer to are the MOS Enjoyment models modified from Kyle Hudak's Titanic, and that Titanic model itself with the interiors enabled. Others include models like "Belgenland," MOS Lusitania & Mauretania, and a few other higher end models, many being fictional vessels.

Perhaps this is just a very similar model to another Queen Mary. It was a lot like this, and cost $13 on discount. The page no longer exists though, and this is similar model is on the QM fan site, which I believe is what the comment suggested as being the bad vendor. The file I downloaded did not have any instruments or panels, only one to place in "boats." There was also no installation instructions in a "readme" file as you should see others mention as well.

This video is where I found the accusation of the vendor being a scammer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8stLmkMGiA

The accuser also states that it being broken may be why it's now being given out for free. It can be found by a user named "Jack G Plays."

One user apparently has a powerful gaming laptop and also experiences my same situation with the model.
boatymcboatface

Postby varoun » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm

pardon the assumption i made earlier then, as it was made on the basis of all of the other individuals that are experiencing this particular issue not having the sufficient or recommended specifications of hardware required to operate this model. evidently the author of this model and his collaborators—that effectively created the video you provided just now—actually do, and are circumstantially unaffected by the issue in question. you also didn’t quite mention beforehand that you were able to operate high-tier or high-quality models such as kyle’s titanic or alex’s belgenland for example, which would have otherwise immediately suggested that your pc’s impeccable hardware wasn’t to blame despite the circumstance. this also prompted me to draw my original conclusion.

this isn’t a ‘very similar model to another queen mary;’ i am sure that you’re aware that this is the very same model of the queen mary that was originally released as payware by michael richmond in 2013. a few months ago he reconstructed the model with the intentions of qualitatively improving it and releasing it freely for the entire community between both simulators to use. the page featuring the original model no longer exists because it is unnecessary as the shop presently features the model free of charge for everyone to download. there is no existing need for a vendor/vending page suggesting that the model is still payware to be present, so it still baffles me that people are actually spreading falsified rumors.

the file i originally received last month after downloading the queen mary add-on provided installation instructions in the form of one “readme” file that concisely specified exactly where each file pertinent to this add-on should be placed in order to ensure proper functionality for its usage in virtual sailor 7. the reason the add-on does not come in an individualized form of various folders (instruments, weapons, panels, etc.) is to ensure a simple drag-and-drop/one-step installation of the add-on to the “boats” folder/directory of the virtual sailor folder (otherwise ensuring its functionality). surely a readme file explicitly explaining the placement or installation of a specific folder into a specific location or directory is not required for individuals such as yourself.

you are not limited to using virtual sailor 7 however. an individual named christopher rich has been collaborating with michael to ensure the model’s full functionality in vehicle simulator (for those who prefer to use it), and recently christopher has re-released a configured version of this model for vehicle simulator which operates exactly as he intended it to. i don’t know if you purchased virtual sailor 7/7.5 already or not but you can download vehicle simulator’s demo on hangsim’s main website and the queen mary model that christopher reconfigured for vehicle simulator right here as well. again i can’t see a viable reason as aforementioned for this model being nonfunctional in virtual sailor 7 despite other individuals being able to utilize it, but my primary simulator is not virtual sailor 7 so i can not provide any useful information about using this model for it besides my previous suggestions.
Last edited by varoun on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAROUN

varoun

Postby boatymcboatface » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm

I used the phrase "similar" referring to the model because I was unsure if it was the same model. I didn't know who made it back then, and remember little about the original page, since it's been about a year since I've seen it, and I can't check it now that it's gone.

I have Virtual Sailor 7.5, yes.

The replies are appreciated, and it's good to know that the hardware isn't the issue.

I apologize if I may have come off as rude, a big part of me was concerned, considering I bought the laptop under the premise that it would be able to handle these types of models, since I would like to work with 3D design.

Thanks for your time.

*EDIT*

I must especially thank you for providing the Vehicle Simulator files! Out of curiosity I placed them in Virtual Sailor, because I noticed it still had the boat.cfg file. I removed the Vehicle file. And it runs perfectly in VS7! The model knocks it down to about 10-15 fps unless the water is set to "shaded," and at the shaded setting it runs between 25-35. So although I can't use the highest water settings, I'm glad it works.
boatymcboatface

Next

Return to Addon Releases