Preview (screenshots)

Whenever a new version of VS is released there will be the need for bug reporting etc. This is where you would do that, nothing else!

Re: Preview (screenshots)

Postby Sailorjohn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:32 am

...better yet, why don't we just enjoy what we Have and let Ilan work his magic on VS...make suggestions, fine...but I think Ilan has better things to do than explain every little detail. I'm confident we'll learn more in good time...
Sailorjohn

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby Charlotte » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:34 pm

spookymufu wrote:... the harmonic wave feature we've been asking for.....

What's a harmonic wave?
Charlotte
Charlotte
Site Administrator

Postby Nemo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:50 am

jamesnorman93 wrote:you would have thought that the developer of VS would be able to at least get XP

Bear in mind that in XP, one is able to choose the styling of older versions of Windows.
Nemo
Global Moderator

Postby Nemo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:33 am

Perhaps he doesnt want one ;)
Nemo
Global Moderator

Postby Charlotte » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 am

Just for the record, Ilan has multiple computers as to test his software on high performance and low performance platforms.
Charlotte
Charlotte
Site Administrator

Postby Jonatan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:57 pm

I liked Sabre's idea, I have built way too many awesome land or air vehicles - most steam-powered - and to see these rendered unusable would be sad. I like VS because of its multible useage. Sea, air and - to some extent - even land.

/Jonatan
VSF train expert.
Jonatan

Postby itsme » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

The picture gallery looks good. It appears to me that most of it comes from a new MF version. Or should he bring his two kids together? The scenery design tool is very close to what Andres Merino did with his GenSys program.
Now just tell me that image33 is a VS or MF scenery ?? Anyway looking forward to the release.
Cheers, Reino.
itsme

Postby Sailorjohn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks for sharing this link with us, Phil2! It does appear to show a convergence between VS/MF.
Sailorjohn

Postby Charlotte » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Sailorjohn wrote:Thanks for sharing this link with us, Phil2! It does appear to show a convergence between VS/MF.

I think it shows that it is possible, but not that it will happen. Ilan has stated that he "hates" to see airplanes in VS and may disable the feature. Personally I think that if it is possible he should combine his 3 sims (MF, VS and that space thing) but I'm not holding my breath. That would open up for a more interactive "world" where MF planes can land on ships (which they already can in MF) that are commanded by a VS captain and cars can drive onto ferries (if we had any ;)). Hmm, I wonder if that means you can load your virtual boat onto a virtual trailer and tow it with your virtual car to your virtual home in Sim City! :? Amphibious vehichles would be possible too.

The screenshots shown are from the engine which will be the same for both sims (I think the space thing will be a part of MF and VS will be separate)

One thing (from memory) that I am particularly looking forward to is the spherical globe, which would mean a non tile based scenery. Sceneries will be able to be any size a .bin file can cover. This will again probably mean that great oceans and coastlines can be covered in a single file. This is of course if I have understood Ilan correctly. Obviously there would have to be some compromise on the compatibility of existing sceneries but I'm not sure what they would be.
Charlotte
Charlotte
Site Administrator

Postby itsme » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:02 pm

You mean we have to read all the explanations ? :o
Cheers, Reino.
itsme

PreviousNext

Return to VS Releases