Hows virtual sailor now

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
imagine1234

Hows virtual sailor now

Post by imagine1234 »

Hey Guys, i asked before about vehicle simulator vs virsual sailor NG how how you you guys doing with it, im still on vehicle simulator but I just want nautical. please give me your feedback
kevpa

Re: Hows virtual sailor now

Post by kevpa »

I still use VSF. For me it actually works compared to VS NG. There is too much focus on smaller boats which maker our larger ferries stop working ;)

there must be a big change before i actually want to buy VS NG.

Handling in VS NG is broken for larger ships with a complex elements file.

NOT GOOD
ekeimaja

Post by ekeimaja »

I would use VSF, as VS NG is still lacking some features or has small bugs compared to VSF. But the good comes slowly ;)
VS sailor since 2008
VesselCap

Post by VesselCap »

You are right about the elements, I have chosen to create my ships without the elements.cfg file for this reason, but I recognize that only with the basic configuration of vehicle.cfg they work really well and I find more realism than VSF.
Jonmpa

Post by Jonmpa »

The absolutely most frustrating thing about this Virtual Sailor NG is two things:
1. If I had after blood sweating and tears in my opinion has set a horsepower for the archipelago boats let us say I can take a example:
I have set my horsepower to 10.500 hp and the original hp copied from: Ylva in my case: After a lot of testes with different horsepower digits
I have found out: Ah Finally now: 10.500 hp is just perfect for: Värmdö and the knot meter stops at exactly 21.9 to 22 knots in Vehicle simualtor like in the real life and Im so happy about it and I install Värmdö to
Virtual Sailor NG: Then this simulator just makes it go to 18 knots and I goes very disappointed really
2. Why is there not any possibility to speed up the fps like there was in Vehicle simulator?
I am very very very disappointed in Virtual Sailor NG I had hoped to uprade my brain and myself in a fresh good Ferry simulator but not as it is now no way if the developer could find a way to fix this I could think about it