New up-coming Add-On

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
MokMok

Re: New up-coming Add-On

Post by MokMok »

rakom wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:54 amImageNT10.jpg

From which environment (scenery) has this screenshot been taken?
rakom

Post by rakom »

Hi guys!
Thanks for your comments!

@Sailorjohn

Yes indeed, the missing loading feature is irritating, as well as other missing features already existing in Vehicle Simulator (swell setting for example).
Even loading one vehicle onto another has some quirks. In VSF you can load one vehicle onto another (if [has_deck]=1 [hide_water]=0) simply by doing so from a view of the carrier vehicle, in VS NG you cannot. For a wheeled vehicle you have to go through a ramp, and a boat can only be loaded onto a vessel if the vessel can submerge its deck sufficiently...
Is it that important? Not so much, it just cancels out some interesting scenarios but it's mostly irritating because it's a regression from VSF.
Another problem is that sometimes updates inadvertently disable previous features: have you noticed that since the last 2 updates the shadow commands don't work? (BTW the shaders command decoupled from the shadow command is another miss)...

@MokMok

It comes from Rob's VSF addons: Normandy, Channel Islands / leaving Cherbourg harbour / you can check the video.

Cheers!
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

Thanks for your perspective, Rakom.

I sent Ilan another request for restoration of cargo loading a week ago, but no reply. I wasn't aware of the shader/shadow issues. Maybe if enough of us ask for loading... ;)
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

rakom wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:25 pm Image
It would be nice to build an LPD like HMS "Fearless" and "Intrepid" as an add-on for both Vehicle Simulator and Virtual Sailor NG, acting as a mothership for these beautiful landing crafts. Another nice LPDs would be HNLMS Rotterdam L800 and HNLMS Johan de Witt L801 of the Royal Netherlands Navy.
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

rakom wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:57 pm Hello everyone! It's finally here! At least for the VSF version. The one for VS NG has some additional features that are not finished yet, the release could be a few weeks later.

The add-on can be downloaded from my website here : https://rakomdesign.wixsite.com/vsf-vsng/normandytrader

2 notes:

1/the file includes a cargo package to copy in the "common" folder.

2/more importantly, this ship is equipped with pump jets and has no rudder, so the model has no rudder control.
The model like the ship is operated with azipod type controls and throttles (not the easiest way for sure; I might make an explanatory note about this or a short video depending on your feedback).
Thanks for this beautiful add-on.

In Vehicle Simulator I have installed the VSF optimized version of the Normandy Trader. When I have both throttles set at 100% full ahead, the max. speed of this vessel remains stuck 1 kts. See attached images below. I think that there is something wrong within the vehicle.cfg file of the VSF optimized version of Normandy Trader, which causes its max. speed of only 1 kts. To solve this problem, completely remove the whole section '// user preferences' in the vehicle.cfg file of Normandy Trader, or by applying 'Restore Properties' in the 'Vehicle Properties' window of this ship.

Code: Select all

//configuration file for LCU MK.9 NORMANDY TRADER

boat	[type]
1.00	[has_engine]
1	[has_azipods]
boat 	[engine_type]
214310	[mass]
10.47	[body_area]
0.06	[body_cd]
0.05	[auto_pilot_gain] - auto pilot gain factor of control ( 0 to 1 ) 
24.597	[boat_length] - boat waterline length (m)
1.646	[boat_alt] - boat draft, height of waterline above keel, (m)
0.2	[boat_cgy]- height of boat CG above waterline (m)
119988	[fuel_time]
720	[motor_hp]/360 each
100	[rpm_min]
280	[rpm_max]
0.50	[prop_diam]
0.0	[camera_x]
6.35202	[camera_y]
-8.66794	[camera_z]
2.4	[doors_angle] - angle of swing doors rotation (rd)
0	[has_sails] - boat has sails or not (1 or 0)
0.00	[sur_sails]

// instrument panel
panel_Z	[panel_name]
0	[panel_x]
0	[panel_y]
1	[panel_z]
0.1	[panel_scale]
0	[panel_alfa]
0	[panel_beta]
0	[panel_gama]

// water in cabin
1     	[has_deck] - vehicle has deck ( landable by other vehicles ) [ boat ]
1	[hide_water] - hide water in cabin [boat] at [deck_alt] level
1.60	[deck_alt] - deck height above cg (m) [ boat ]
1.3	[wave_scale]

10.00		[cockpit_size]
0.05		[auto_pilot_gain]

// user preferences

129382.90		[mass]
0.00		[crew_mass]
0		[has_catamaran]
1		[has_azipods]
24.60		[boat_length]
1.65		[boat_alt]
0.20		[boat_cgy]
0.50		[max_tilt]
25		[body_area]
12.5		[body_cd]
0.00		[sur_sailb]
0.00		[sur_sails]
0.00		[sur_spin]
1.000		[upwind_angle]
119988.00		[fuel_time]
280.00		[rpm_max]
100.00		[rpm_min]
720		[motor_hp]
0.25		[prop_diam]
0.000		[prop_walk]
1		[has_deck]
0		[hide_water]
1.60		[deck_alt]
10.00		[cockpit_size]
0.05		[auto_pilot_gain]
1		[has_camera]
0.00		[thruster_power]
0.000		[hydro_cruise]
0.000		[hydro_angle]
0.000		[hydro_alt]

rakom

Post by rakom »

Thank you for posting about this problem. In fact, it happened because the "elements.cfg" file was missing [when defined within the game (design command), this file triggers in VSF and VS NG the rewriting of the "vehicle.cfg" file by adding "user preferences" parameters when you save the new properties]. In this case, the purpose of the "elements.cfg" file is to allow realistic trim by adding several masses and to disable some front bumpers which allows wheeled vehicles to climb using the ramp.
My apologies!
I will upload the correct files on my website as soon as possible; BTW I discovered I also screwed up when uploading the VSF versions of the other MK9s (mixing them with the VS NG versions), so I'll take my time to make sure there are no more mistakes.
I'll let you know as soon as the downloads are available.
rakom

Post by rakom »

Hi!

Finally all versions VSF & VS NG of Mk9, Mk9-Black Pig and Mk9-Normandy Trader have been corrected and updated on my site.
I discovered that when an "elements.cfg" is created, it isn't necessary to save the properties [which add "user preferences" lines in "vehicle.cfg"] for the configuration to be effective. Without these "user preferences" lines, you can switch easily the Mk9s from standard configuration to configuration with distributed mass.

Cheers!