Online Multi player

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
Victor

Online Multi player

Post by Victor »

The people who have been here a while know I am a great proponent of online play.
I understand the netplay has been improved in the latest upgrade and obviously cannot be tested or enjoyed alone. For a number of years for whatver technical reasons, I have not been able to host and connecting to an existing session always failed. I am hoping this latest improvement will be a precurser to netplay in the VS NG. Those of you who have been here awhile would have heard of an epic online session which lasted more than six hours and involved people from seven countries. That using VS,(i forgot which version) using dial up modems to establish the connections.

In the early days of VSF, even at the beta stage, netplay worked well. One person landed a helicopter on a ship someone else was driving and I actually copiloted a helicopter which was being flown by someone in Scotland.

I do appreciate that time zones have a big effect in trying to organise online sessions. I live in France and obviously can only meet up with people in the CET zone, although I have had sessions with someone in Australia while he was still serving in the Royal Australian Navy. I am looking for people interested in netplay to indate the fact, their time zones, preferences i.e flying, sailing (sail or motor) type of ship military ferries, cruise liners etc and see if sessions can be organised.

Please respond here and if we can make a go of it, I'll ask the moderator to put a fixed topic with bookings etc. Fingers crossed.

Victor
TheLonesomeSkipper

Re: Online Multi player

Post by TheLonesomeSkipper »

In my free time I would indeed be willing to sail the seas of the world with someone in the same time zone. I myself live in Sweden, so my time zone is Central European Time as well. right now it is shortly after seven o'clock in the evening as I type this. I'd prefer sailing my own tanker I am modeling on since 2016 (the ultra large crude carrier, Jahre Viking). I've made it so that she has a helicopter deck, and indeed I will try out for myself if a helicopter is capable of landing on her deck. Shouldn't be any problems. :D

EDIT: I was thinking about hosting a session soon in Virtual Sailor NG (8.1). Anybody who's interested in joining may PM me, and I'll PM back my IP address and port.
Kind Regards,

TheLonesomeSkipper, AKA prev. "saken"

"I sail the seas of the world... alone and proud."
pbhtankerman

Post by pbhtankerman »

Not sure how to pm you? I don’t see an email address anywhere?
Victor

Post by Victor »

Thanks for your interest.
I'll have a look in my profile and see if I can rectify that.

Victor