Plane problems

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
NoBody191

Plane problems

Post by NoBody191 »

Could someone tell me how to fix the movement of the Swordfish from the hangsim website? the movement of the plane is kinda stiff if i use it on VSF

here's the swordfish (scroll down the page) http://hangsim.com/vehicle-simulator/planes.php?dpage=3

Sincerely
Random Kiddo who loves diving the internet

penyelam handal.
Pascal

Re: Plane problems

Post by Pascal »

As for the Albatross, you have to enter correct values in the vehicle.cfg, then to make some adjustments with the elements.cfg : this is a good plane, in my opinion, the main problem is the fast disk propeller and also it needs rotating wheels plus a Torpedo as main weapon.. :)

Greetings
syrphid

Post by syrphid »

The plane is great, but it isn't that easy. Unfortunately, the torpedo flies through the Fairey Swordfish propeller. Its motor works both in the air and in the water, forcing torpedo to move forward like a rocket immediately after launch.

But torpedo such as Mark XII drops like a bomb and activates in the water.

Thus the suggestion: new weapon parameter [thrust_in_water]

This should increase the arsenal of naval weapons in VSF NG. The torpedo, for example, should have zero thrust while in the air [thrust] and non zero in the water [thrust_in_water].
NoBody191

Post by NoBody191 »

I added a torpedo (the typical one for the game) and some guns

Agreed, the torpedo moves very fast in the sky, and would hit the propeller once it released, also the torpedo moves pretty slow once it touches water

Random Kiddo who loves diving the internet

penyelam handal.
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hello Everybody,

This is a very good idea for improving the New VSF! At the moment, we have to fly straight about 2 or 3 meters above the water as it was often the case in real.. ;) I agree also that this addon is a little gem I just discovered in this post : I made some searching and found it was an original aircraft for CFS2 and FS2002. The Authors, Mathias Pommerien and Alessandro Biagi, made this beta version for VSF : many thanks to them !

Due to the different updates for VSF since that time, some bugs may appear ( as example the fast disk propeller) and a lot of features are missing. I already modified the fast propeller and added weapons plus animated parts : hook, folding wings, wheels, pilot, copilot and gunner. The plane has really good behaviour and rendering : I'll try to make a patch available in the library to complete the original files.

Alessandro Biagi made also some repaints.. they are still available and you can use the Fuselage and the Wings textures with the VSF model after just changing them to the right bmp format :

http://www.mrjmaint.com/RegsHanger/Grou ... 0Skins.php

Below are some examples, one Fairey Swordfish training to land in 1939 on the HMS Biter and two others taking off from the HMS Ark Royal in 1941 to search the Bismarck :

The HMS Ark Royal is by Thomas Beerens on Sketchfab : https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ark-roy ... 49a4d32388

Thanks to Thomas who builds very nice Ships from WWII

Greetings
syrphid

Post by syrphid »

Wow, Pascal!
What more could anyone ask for?.. unless Swordfish Floatplane...
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hi Alexei,

:) .. For the Swordfish Floatplane it's ok.. the same FS 2002 model has already one :

So, what else ?.. may be some extra textures for the Floatplane version by Alessandro

http://www.mrjmaint.com/RegsHanger/Grou ... 0Skins.php

Greetings
syrphid

Post by syrphid »

You could not be taken by surprise. 8-)
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

But you could have one in your PM.. ;)
syrphid

Post by syrphid »

You move the plane far ahead from its Micro Flight history, Pascal. It flies!

The same dream haunts me day and night, the leading edge slats in VSF. Fairey Swordfish got them, and this concerns not only naval aviation.
Who knows what tomorrow NG holds?.. :roll: