Problem importing ship model

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
Capnej1219

Problem importing ship model

Post by Capnej1219 »

Hello

I recently made a ship model in sketch up and I did export it in .X file format but when I load it in the actual game it’s not the right size and some textures are missing is there something I forgot to do this is my first time actually creating a model any help would be great thank you
rakom

Re: Problem importing ship model

Post by rakom »

Hi!

Check if your boat is designed in the right units (m), regarding the textures, if you have used custom textures, the corresponding image files should be copied in the boat folder.

Cheers!
Capnej1219

Post by Capnej1219 »

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (170.54 KiB) Viewed 11039 times
hello ive tried setting the right size but it doesnt seem to work this is what loaded into the actual gameImage
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (203.79 KiB) Viewed 11006 times
Capnej1219

Post by Capnej1219 »

rakom wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:50 am Hi!

Check if your boat is designed in the right units (m), regarding the textures, if you have used custom textures, the corresponding image files should be copied in the boat folder.

Cheers!
is there anything i can do to fix the size?
rakom

Post by rakom »

make sure in the vehicle.cfg file that the mass (displacement) measured in kgs is consistent with the dimensions of the vessel (body_area, boat_length, boat_alt)
madnewf

Post by madnewf »

Hi i think your texture issue is to do with fliped blackface in SketchUp , if you use monochrome view you will see them..