Instrument not visible after adding.

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
MokMok

Instrument not visible after adding.

Post by MokMok »

In Vehicle Simulator you can add instruments on the consoles of the navigation bridge in the Panel Design window. But How do I know the right X, Y and Z coordinates of the spot on the bridge on which the instrument can be added? After adding any instrument in Vehicle Simulator, I can't find the added instrument at all and the X, Y and Z coordinates of the added instrument have been set at 0. How do I make sure that the added instrument is visible, even if the X, Y and Z coordinates have been set at 0? Because when it is visible, I can slide it to the right place by adjusting the X, Y and Z sliders.
Last edited by MokMok on Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ekeimaja

Re: Adding instruments.

Post by ekeimaja »

You need first to put bridge_x, bridge_y and bridge_z parameters in vehicle.cfg to bridge area, not to null. Easiest way to get it right is to use same parameters than helm_x, helm_y and helm_z which defines the default viewpoint of the vehicle - if it is in the bridge. If not, then just go to bridge and add there new viewpoint and save it, then take the values from viewpoints.cfg.

If I cannot see where the newly added instrument is located, I always increase its scale, so it is easier to see. Then just move it near to its intended place and decrease the scale.
VS sailor since 2008