Very low fps

This is the forum of the Vehicle Simulator (VSF).
manos8224

Very low fps

Post by manos8224 »

Hello friends, does anyone know why I have too low fps in both Vehicle Simulator and virtual Sailor?
my system consists of:
GPU: amd rx 5500 xt
Cpu: Amd fx 8350
ram: 12g
mobo: msi gaming 970
NoBody191

Re: Very low fps

Post by NoBody191 »

Well as a 4gb of RAM laptop user i often sacrifice the model's detail with the 'Best Speed' option on the Video section, it worked pretty well
Last edited by NoBody191 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random Kiddo who loves diving the internet

penyelam handal.
manos8224

Post by manos8224 »

it doesn't work on my new laptop either :?
manos8224

Post by manos8224 »

where is this setting? can you tell me please
DistortAMG

Post by DistortAMG »

What do you class as 'very low' FPS, the information you have given is too sparse to work with. But we will try :D
What resolution do you have the sim rendering in?
What are the overall graphical settings in the game?

Soft shadows is something that should probably be turned off if it is on, it absolutely tanks the FPS. Does look nice though.

Your system an FX 8350, and RX 5500XT are enough to get a pretty decent gaming experience without defaulting everything to low. As long as certain settings are managed properly.

Maybe show a screenshot of the in game graphic settings tabs, this might give a clearer idea.
I will see if I can reply after work today, once I am at my home computer, as that is where I can give the best advice, having the sim open and next to me.

Hope this helps.
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

My advise is if possible move to VSNG (Virtual Sailor Next Gen) - the reason being as like you on my newer system the FPS were good in certain situations but did suffer too in VSF.

Once I moved to VSNG these FPS improved greatly despite the game being more detail. My FPS range from 18fps (with a high number of ships in port) all the way to 60-70fps but that's due to the game running with V-sync with my monitor.

I run the game in mostly high settings apart from water reflections (unless the setting really needs it) and shadows as many have said these do make a big impact on the performance and I personally am happy enough to run it with them off. Pressing 'O' will bring up the graphics options.

Another thing for both games is downloading and applying the 4GB patch by NCore to the VSF.exe and VSNG.exe as this unlocks the games to use more than 4GB of ram installed on your computer. RAM make a HUGE difference when it comes to VSF/VSNG, changing from 16GB to 32GB made a massive difference with VSF (15fps increase in some cases).

My current PC specs:
Intel i7 -9700
Asus H310-Pro Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz RAM
Nvidia Palit RTX 3080 10GB DDR6X
246GB m.2 SSD (for OS)
1.8TB HDD
5TB HDD (for MSFS)
RM750x power supply
Windows 10 64-bit.
27inch 1440p display
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.