Jurassic Park/Jurassic World Vehicles

Is there a specific vehicle you would like to see in VSF? Perhaps you could add it to the wishlist. Please remember to provide as much information about the vehicle as possible to increase your chances of someone taking on the project.

Jurassic Park/Jurassic World Vehicles

Postby USSMacon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:44 am

Hello, this is USSMacon back again after a long time. I have a set of ideas for VSF that I think will not only be great additions to this game, but will also provide a very unique opportunity for those that still have a motivation or could find a motivation to make land based vehicles. After finding out that danim is working on a Jurassic World/Isla Nublar scenery for VSF it got me thinking what would it be like if one could make vehicles from throughout the Jurassic Park franchise to eventually go with this scenery. Now that is not to say that anyone should wait until the Jurassic World Scenery gets finished to a certain degree before they start making these vehicles, because I can tell you already that it is going to be a very long time before the scenery is totally finished or even half finished. There are plenty of current sceneries for VSF that would be good substitutions for these vehicles to run on. That being said if anyone is willing to make vehicles from this franchise I do think they could be finished before any sceneries related to the Jurassic Park franchise ever could be. So is there anyone out there who would be willing to make vehicles from any one of the Jurassic Park films? By the way I know it seems like I’m asking a lot but I have come to realize that there are no addons out there for any other vehicle related game that include vehicles from the Jurassic Park franchise. As a Jurassic Park fan I don’t think it will be too hard to make the vast majority of the iconic vehicles seen throughout the film franchise once one has the material and the time they need in order to make said vehicles.

For those who don’t remember the first three film’s most iconic vehicles here is a list of potential candidates (also if anyone wants to know what these vehicles look like there are many pictures on the internet that you all can use):

Jurassic Park:
Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler (comes in three possible variants as shown in the film).
Ford Explorer Tour Vehicle.
Ingen Helicopter, which is specifically an Agusta A109.

The Lost World Jurassic Park:
Mercedes-Benz ML320 (Two to three variants are shown in the film).
Fleetwood RV and Trailer.
The Hunter’s vehicles can be found in various screenshots and a number of scenes from the film.
1969 Pontiac Custom S. with bright red paintwork
SS Venture Cargo Ship (not the same vessel from King Kong just so you all know).

Jurassic Park 3:
Beechcraft Super King Air 200 Plane (the specific paintwork/texture can be seen in the film).
USSMacon

Re: Jurassic Park/Jurassic World Vehicles

Postby pascal72 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Hello,

This is an interesting project.. For information, a lot of models are freely available on the net and that may save some time.

For instance, with a quick search I found for the Jeep Wrangler a nice model by Alex on 3d Warehouse : https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model. ... f27ff43caf

In a few minutes, this model may be imported in VSF "as it", here in the Jurassic World scenery : http://chgend.free.fr/vsf/jeep01.jpg

Of course, it needs some adjustments, parts and tags at VSF 's standards to be fully functionnable, but no need to start from scratch.. 8-)

Cheers , pascal
pascal72

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Postby pascal72 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi,

The Jeep Wrangler after modifications of the mesh, new textures and specific animated pilots :

pascal
pascal72

Postby Sailorjohn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Now we need some animated animal dinosaurs!
Sailorjohn

Postby pascal72 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:08 am

Hello SailorJohn,

Yes, of course.. ;) and we need also some specific animated buildings :

There is a lot of nice and low polys models freely available for dinosaurs :

About animations with animals in VSF, I just had a look and think there are three possibilities : basic animation with 2 static models (animal 1 and animal 2), classic animation with keys (animal_a) and skinned mesh animation (animal_s).. May be the use of "Robot" system could be also interesting : if anybody else has more informations about that, I am interested !

Cheers
pascal72

Postby varoun » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

I like where this is going :D 8-)
VAROUN

Lets save this forum and make it active as before!!
varoun

Postby pascal72 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Thanks Varoun for your comment ;) .. Now, here is the helipad platform and the Agusta A109 with animated gear, parts plus pilot :

as I said, most of vehicles are "adapted" from free models but all the textures are "home-made" and specific, based on the movie :

Work still in progress, to be continued .. :)
pascal72

danim

Postby danim » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:42 am

They look brilliant Pascal, from Jurassic world I also have the isla nublar high speed ferry and I know varoun is working on a Jurassic world Mercedes
danim

Postby danim » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm

isla Nublar in VSF by Daniel Milburn, on Flickr

Here is my conversion of the Isla Nublar ferry
still not finished yet, got to do a bit more work before it is ready for release
danim

Return to VSF Vehicle Wishlist