San Francisco Scenery fail?

Here you may discuss various techniques and post questions concerning scenery development for VSF.

San Francisco Scenery fail?

Postby gtrdrt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 am

Hi. I'm really glad to have found Vehicle Simulator. It's one of the most enjoyable flight sims I've ever used, and I look forward to learning the details about this excellent program. I need a little help with one thing right now though. I've successfully installed certain scenery files like the Grand Canyon, Monterey, and Carmel and have been able to fly in them just fine, but for some reason, I can't seem to get the San Francisco scenery to show up, even though the files appeared to unpack successfully. Is this a known problem? I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to possible solutions. Thanks...
gtrdrt

Re: San Francisco Scenery fail?

Postby gtrdrt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:08 am

That is certainly the area I'm talking about, and I do get "land" in that area, now that I think about it, and before I only got water there, so I guess I do have the placeholder scenery you mention. What I don't seem to get is a "tile" that represents that scenery on the VSF map the way I do for the Carmel, Grand Canyon, and Monterey sceneries. In fact, the tile that shows when "San Fran" is selected seems to be located off the west coast of Africa and 'empty.' Not that big of a deal though, I guess. Anyway, thanks for your response. You appear to have solved the mystery for me. Take care...
gtrdrt

Re: San Francisco Scenery fail?

Postby gtrdrt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:19 am

:oops: Then again...

I forgot that I had installed the world scenery package, so that might be the reason there is land now in the Bay Area. In fact, before I installed the world scenery and after I installed the San Fran package, I recall that there was only water in that area. So I guess the mystery is back...
gtrdrt

Return to VSF Scenery Development Support