Problems converting file from Landserf to 3DEM

Here you may discuss various techniques and post questions concerning scenery development for VSF.

Problems converting file from Landserf to 3DEM

Postby TheSheetBend » Sat May 03, 2014 11:14 am

Hi everyone,

this is my first contribution to this Forum and I hope, not to pick up an old topic, explained thousends of times before. :) But I think I looked through all topics regarding depth-map, but I couldn't find any posting about the same problem.
I use Ron's excellent tutorial to merge Land and Bathy Data and everything worked "almost" smooth :-), but when I come to page 25, saving Seadata in LandSerf and opening it in 3DEM, the result wasn't what I expected (see attached screenshots):

Problem_Landserv_Display_2.jpg

Problem_3DEM_Display_2.jpg

in 3DEM the map shows splittet and squeezed into two triangels :? Any idea what I do wrong, tried this several times, always with the same result.

I hope someone can help me out here...
TheSheetBend

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Problems converting file from Landserf to 3DEM

Postby madnewf » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:02 am

I had a few problems with landserf as well , as i see in your pics you had several open maps. before i saved for export to 3dem i only had 1 window open the combined image of land and sea and then i saved. just a though landserf is picky..
madnewf

Preferred Sim: Vehicle Simulator

Re: Problems converting file from Landserf to 3DEM

Postby marinearg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi, I have the same problem. When i looks the row and the columns in the edit raster options i saw columns 6000 an raw 6000, but when i check the values in the menu sumary/info i saw columns undefined raw 6000.

I ignored that and i tri to open the maps in 3dem with the atributes columns 6000 row 6000 and i obteind the same maps you see in the first post.

I dont understans what happend i download the smrt files again and i have the same problem.

Please sombody can help me!!, Thanks
marinearg

Return to VSF Scenery Development Support