No new updates

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
VesselCap

No new updates

Post by VesselCap »

From the last update I don't have seen any news about Virtual Sailor NG. Also have reported a problem with NMEA connection, that are sending empty sentences after last update. With the 9.8.8 VSNG version, NMEA work for you?

Regards
sam--sine

Re: No new updates

Post by sam--sine »

Try to contact ILAN directly
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

Is Virtual sailor NG entirely dependent on Ilan Papini himself? If that's true, it will not be a good thing for further development and maintenance of this game when he resigns or when he dies.
VesselCap

Post by VesselCap »

This is the official forum of Virtual Sailor and that's why I asked here. I hope that new updates are cooking for Virtual Sailor and patch the NMEA problem :idea:
MokMok wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:17 am Is Virtual sailor NG entirely dependent on Ilan Papini himself? If that's true, it will not be a good thing for further development and maintenance of this game when he resigns or when he dies.
I think that is only person (Ilan). Because of this is very good for develop of simulator that people buy it to support his work.

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Re: No new updates - Ask for your Help !

Post by admin »

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may wonder why no new updates for so long, the major reason is that sales have dropped to zero,
this was due to crack sites the host illegal copies of this game.

I am powerless to fight these sites, they host many games, and will not have any contact info or DCMA code.
as a result I cannot dedicate time when there is no reward for it, I have to seek other jobs.

I have uploaded an update yesterday, and I will try to upload more in the future, but unless people help me
fight these crack sites I really don't know what to do.

Alternatively, if people constantly buy my programs, it will help me develop them on.

Thank you for your attention.

Ilan
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

You can use whois.domaintools.com to look for which hosting providers host illegal crack and warez sites, moreover by downloading cracks and warez from these sites, your PC can become infected with dangerous malware.
VesselCap

Re: No new updates - Ask for your Help !

Post by VesselCap »

I sorry to read this and I understand you.

Honestly I suggest you make a market of Verified Add-ons for Virtual Sailor, and take a percent of every sale. The times of free add-ons are part of past and now everything is for sale, you have right to take a little part of these cake verifying that add-ons are not plagiarism and that the content is safe, and users can buy them on a secure and trusted environment through "Virtual Sailor (or Hangsim) Official Marketplace" on your website. This can motivate some people to make more add-ons to get officially promoted and users to buy them.

Also you can bring some native content for the first install of simulator, like an entire world matrix (empty) but with some important ports and areas like Rotterdam, and 4-5 accurate vessels. This can motivate users to buy the simulator. Currently, Virtual Sailor native installation give us an absolute lonely sensation in an empty world.

Pirate copies is a problem that can't been solved, the most complex add-ons for sims like MSFS are available for free on a lot of websites. The trick (I think) is offering a good content and environment to motivate people to buy a very professional simulator with a good variety of content and active community of users and creators. Almost of work are done today.

I really think that with only these things, Virtual Sailor sales will be increased like a snowball effect.

I don't have much time but in a near future I can make some vessels for Virtual Sailor, giving you all rights, no money, no mention... Other creators maybe need to think to do the same work without compensation to bring to life again Virtual Sailor. All contents available today is only possible thanks to your work with Virtual Sailor. You need more support from the community.

Regards and don't give up!

admin wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:37 am Hello Everyone,

Some of you may wonder why no new updates for so long, the major reason is that sales have dropped to zero,
this was due to crack sites the host illegal copies of this game.

I am powerless to fight these sites, they host many games, and will not have any contact info or DCMA code.
as a result I cannot dedicate time when there is no reward for it, I have to seek other jobs.

I have uploaded an update yesterday, and I will try to upload more in the future, but unless people help me
fight these crack sites I really don't know what to do.

Alternatively, if people constantly buy my programs, it will help me develop them on.

Thank you for your attention.

Ilan
dayveeee07

Post by dayveeee07 »

I support this idea on having a dedicated marketplace for VSNG add-ons, there's no other way we can support future developments but, in this case, every small percent is a big contribution to Ilan. I myself sell some pay ware add-ons, and I 100% support this idea.
MokMok

Post by MokMok »

But free add-ons should not entirely disappear, because not every buyer of Virtual Sailor NG can afford paid add-ons. But paid add-ons could be add-ons which have a much better graphics quality and have more features than free add-ons.
VesselCap

Post by VesselCap »

MokMok wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:43 am But free add-ons should not entirely disappear, because not every buyer of Virtual Sailor NG can afford paid add-ons. But paid add-ons could be add-ons which have a much better graphics quality and have more features than free add-ons.
Of course, free add-ons don't be disappearing never, on a marketplace creators can select to upload free o pay add-ons.

In other way, if people have money to have a computer and internet connection, should be able to buy some quality add-ons or buy Virtual Sailor NG instead of download an illegal copy. Most of the people bring excuses to no pay, but creators like Ilan and add-ons makers need support to continue bringing us quality simulation. A Marketplace is a very good thing.

Also, I think that a demo version of Virtual Sailor is not a good idea. Virtual Sailor have an official forum with us participating and sharing content, helping with troubles, sharing screenshots, etc., and also exists a lot of videos on YouTube. People don't need a demo version never more, and this can reduce a bit the pirated copies. In this order, no more free downloads of Virtual Sailor on hangsim.com, and is a good idea to make that updates come directly to registered users. This can reduce pirated copies, adding to this that updates only work with registered version.

Possible buyers can see videos, ask on forums and decide to buy or not, without refund because it is a digital product.
dayveeee07 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:49 pm I support this idea on having a dedicated marketplace for VSNG add-ons, there's no other way we can support future developments but, in this case, every small percent is a big contribution to Ilan. I myself sell some pay ware add-ons, and I 100% support this idea.
Coming soon, I want to sell some vessels for Virtual Sailor NG, and also agree this idea to upload them to an official marketplace to support Virtual Sailor development. We are a good community with talent and enthusiasm, we can do it and bring Virtual Sailor NG to a next level.
PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI

Post by PASSIONE_TRAGHETTI »

ciao! ho fatto notare io circa qualche mese fa la copia pirata, hanno messo anche virtual sailor, il fatto di creare componenti a pagamento è che ci vuole l'autorizzazione dei brand delle navi....