land underwater

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Whippy

land underwater

Post by Whippy »

Hi skippers, I am new to VSNG and to the forum.

After only briefly testing the sim as it came, everything seemed to work correctly though I only tested at the california test scenery. I then went and added all the scenery updates from Rob's VSF and now my scenery is all underwater!

Attached is a screenshot approaching Jacksonville, FL USA.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this??
water.JPG
water.JPG (165.43 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
Whippy

Re: land underwater

Post by Whippy »

After some troubleshooting by reinstalling a few times, the problem starts before the Rob scenery. Am I supposed to download and install some sort of elevation data for the sim? I can't figure this out
Sailorjohn

Post by Sailorjohn »

Welcome aboard, Whippy. It appears that somehow your water level settings have been raised. Try clicking "W" (Weather) tab ingame, and make sure sea level slider is set at 0...no plus values. That should put you back at designed scenery level.
RobNeath

Post by RobNeath »

Hi Whippy,
To ensure all my maps load correctly make sure you have downloaded all of the required files, I would also recommend installing the 4GB patch by N-Core as this will help you load much larger (detailed) maps.

In the options make sure Scenery Scan is selected so this will load the maps as you move from one to the other.

Hope this helps!

Rob
VSF/VSNG Ship and Scenery Creator
Downloads can be found via: https://robsvsfaddons.weebly.com/

From the Caribbean to Norway, to small UK ferries to the largest cruise liners in the world.
Whippy

Post by Whippy »

Sailorjohn wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:23 pm Welcome aboard, Whippy. It appears that somehow your water level settings have been raised. Try clicking "W" (Weather) tab ingame, and make sure sea level slider is set at 0...no plus values. That should put you back at designed scenery level.
Sailorjohn, thank you so much. That fixed it! 8-)