On the subject of two very, VERY old VSF ships.

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
CrazyIvan_

On the subject of two very, VERY old VSF ships.

Post by CrazyIvan_ »

Hello. Please bear with me and do not delete the post. I am well aware that this is in the entirely wrong section, but due to the fact that this is on a subject so old and forgotten - when what I am going to talk about here was truly relevant, I was a little kid, possibly not even six years old yet - I have no other option but to place my post here, as probably no one would notice it at all anywhere else. Thank you for understanding!

To introduce myself, I am Ivan, 19 years old, from Bulgaria, and a builder in Minecraft. My mother bought me VS7 when I was seven years old (judging by my personal email to Ilan Papini in terrible mangled English from early 2013 :lol: ) and there I very much liked two ships made by by a person going with the nickname CaptainWill - Millennia and Britannia. Those two, to be exact.

Now, I very much wish to recreate (one of) those two ships in Minecraft, with full and complete interior, including engines, public rooms, cabins, etc. and for that I need reliable stats, dimensions and information, such as length, type of propulsion, width, depth, etc. The problem is that CaptainWill is probably out of business at this point and has likely long forgotten he ever made these ships at all. After all, at the time he was active, I was a little kid.

Does anyone here remember, know, or have any contact with this person, or can anyone here make an educated guess on what this ship would realistically look like? What I certainly need to know is matters of propulsion, approximate year of construction (highly difficult to guess due to modern azipods and bulbous bow + very 1930s superstructure and modern-ish funnels, mostly needed to get interiors right), length, beam (which is width), draft (which is the height of the ship below the waterline).

Thank you for the understanding, especially to the forum mods, who I hope would understand my situation. Have a nice day.

- Ivan.