Virtual Sailor 9.6 is out

When a new version of VS:NG is released, it's release notes can be found here.
admin
Site Admin

Virtual Sailor 9.6 is out

Post by admin »

Hi Everyone,

Today I have uploaded the update for version 9.6, in this version the following features were added:
  • Saving camera position in bridge and camera upright status - is situation file.
  • Added minimized mode to all dialogs, with smaller fonts to match - this is the small icon for each window in VS-NG
  • Maximize button has three states, maximized, minimized and normal - this is for each window in VS-NG
  • Added title design screen under design titles menu - now titles and positions can be added to map.
  • Fixed bug of no lighting on scene panel at night - this relates to too many source lights on a ship.
  • Smoothed the netplay positions when data is choppy - a bug was fixed causing netplay to have stutter in positions.
  • Smoothed the docking, allow cables to change length with large forces - cable length and forces change more smoothly.
  • Lights are rendered more reliably at night - this relates to too many source lights on a ship.
  • Saving vehicle lights state in situation files.
Hope you enjoy this update !

Thanks,

Ilan
Sailorjohn

Re: Virtual Sailor 9.6 is out

Post by Sailorjohn »

Nice update, Ilan. :)

Since it wasn't mentioned in the summary, I'd like to invite everyone's attention to the fact that the adjustment to mooring and anchor lines also applies to towlines. As one who has done some significant RW ocean towing (including a 400' freighter with rudder jammed hard aport, in a North Atlantic hurricane), I can attest to the quantum improvement in NG towing dynamics. No more 'elastic band' snapbacks; the towline now accurately responds to strain with decreasing catenary, and when nearly taut, appears to actually vibrate. This update doesn't necessarily make towing easier...ocean towing is seldom easy and often challenging...but the reactions are much more lifelike and predictable. I would say this latest update could easily be used as a professional teaching tool for RW towing. But it is vital to ensure that towing vessel has 'anchor' cable attachment properly located at towing bitts, well forward of rudders, to maintain steerage.

Bravo Zulu