Purchased the game, no feedback

Currently the newest simulator version. You can use this forum to share bugs or your ideas for the development.

Please support the development work, buy Vehicle Simulator or Virtual Sailor NG. Do not use or create piracy versions!
Kiwi92

Purchased the game, no feedback

Post by Kiwi92 »

Hello everybody, I hope someone can help me.

I purchased Virtual Sailor NG not from Steam, but from the website.

Once I try to get my key via email, a message says that some of the info does not match my registration, and I need to wait for an email from the admins. I've been waiting for more than 2 days already.

Little I knew that, sadly, the creator and owner of this website passed away (and I take this opportunity to offer my condolences).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this issue.
Sailorjohn

Re: Purchased the game, no feedback

Post by Sailorjohn »

Sadly, I don't think there is anyone to help you. As you noted, Ilan Papini was killed in a plane crash. He was the sole programmer/proprietor of VS, VSF, VSNG and other apps. So far as I know, his website is dead. I don't believe any of his family members are stepping in to rejuvenate HangSim. I would suggest you purchase the program from Steam. If your payment was processed, perhaps you can get a refund from your credit card or Paypal.

Although it's based on older game engines, it's still a great simulator. VSNG and VSF are still alive and well; there is still an active fan base and frequent new content. I've been active in Ilan's sims for over 25 years.
Kiwi92

Post by Kiwi92 »

Sailorjohn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:21 pm Sadly, I don't think there is anyone to help you. As you noted, Ilan Papini was killed in a plane crash. He was the sole programmer/proprietor of VS, VSF, VSNG and other apps. So far as I know, his website is dead. I don't believe any of his family members are stepping in to rejuvenate HangSim. I would suggest you purchase the program from Steam. If your payment was processed, perhaps you can get a refund from your credit card or Paypal.

Although it's based on older game engines, it's still a great simulator. VSNG and VSF are still alive and well; there is still an active fan base and frequent new content. I've been active in Ilan's sims for over 25 years.
That's awful. I will try to get a refund and get the software through Steam. Thanks!
polaris

Post by polaris »

Hi, this is good to know. I'm curious if you got a refund?